Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dieting

Weight has always been an issue for me post-puberty. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (learn more) a few years ago and am on medications for that but medication doesn't solve everything. Diet and exercise are important as well, as much as I'm loathe to adimit it. I detest to exercise but have recently come to an understanding that it has an importance in everyday life.

When walking up the stairs becomes too exerting, you've got a problem. Luckily, I don't have that problem yet. Yet being the key word in this one-sided conversation. I don't want to have that problem. Ever. So, now is the time to get started on changing my life-style.

Ew. Change.

That's a pretty terrifying word for only being six letters. There are very few people who actually like change and I am not one of them. While I understand its necessity in somethings, when it comes to my habbits, I don't like it to have a niche.

Didn't like. Didn't like it to have a niche. We're being proactive and positive here.

It's time for change and that time isn't tomorrow or the Monday after next, that time is now. Today. This instant.

I've decided that, while I respect and can agree with some aspects of that scary word, there are somethings I'd like to keep the same and so in the spirit of New Years, I've joined Weight Watchers. Yes, yes, I know. It's the first of the year and everyone makes the resolution to loose weight. Well, guess what, I have actually lost weight. 3.5 pounds in ten days. You know what? I'm okay with that. I don't have a deadline for the amount of weight I want to lose, I just want it to happen.

Though, I'd like to lose 50 pounds by October. From today on, I have 262 days to lose 50 pounds. If I continue to shed 3.5 pounds in 10 days, I could lose 90lbs by October. I would be more than happy with that. But, let's be realisitic - we're all friends here - that is not going to happen. There will be days where I just don't feel like it. There are going to be days where I'm not into dieting or cooking and I want a double cheese burger with large fries and a massive soda for dinner. With a frosty for dessert.

Then there's the whole topic of chocolate. I'm a woman and I have an affair with chocolate. It's not secret, not by any means, but it's still an affair. I cheat on my diet with chocolate. I always have and I probably always will. I mean, ladies, it's chocolate. It's delicious. It melts in your mouth and is all creamy and delicious and... I may be drooling. Just a little bit.

Back to the point. This blog is going to be about my journey through learning to cook, learning more about the person I am, and my trials and tribulations with the beast known as CHANGE.


Until next time - all my best!
Jessica

So far: -3.5 / 50

3 comments:

  1. 1. I love blogging. Can't wait to see what you cook!
    2. I also want and by October... Don't know if that's even possible haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You work on your abs and I'll work on...wishing abs were possible. Lol! Good luck! I'm sure you can do it!

      Delete
  2. That was supposed to say 'abs' sheesh, iPhone!!

    ReplyDelete