Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eggs and Chocolate

I've done good. This week was pretty good. I stayed under/at my point range for the day and didn't use any of my extra points so that's a certain plus.

Now, breakfast is really hard because I'm not a huge egg fan. The consistency of eggs are... GAH. But, I can eat them occasionally. Since I don't work on Fridays, I have to fend for myself for food. And that can be a problem since there's no one here to check me and what I'm eating. It's fine; not a problem, not really. But, in the spirit of change, I've started to make my own breakfast.

Friday morning I made a frittata! Kinda.

Mushrooms, tomatoes and onions all simmered down with chicken broth. When the tomatoes were popped and the onions had begun to cook down, I covered it with 3tbsps of egg whites and let that cook for a while. I sprinkled in a little cheese and scrambled everything together. It was delicious!

Without the added egg...

Weight Watcher Points: 1 per serving.

I'm not really a huge mushroom fan but I've been trying to eat them more because they are good for me, I know that and I want the vitamins from them. That, and they're sorta meaty and can be really good. But, in my scrambled egg frittata, they were delicious. Maybe cooking them with chicken broth is my way to go?

Does anyone have any good recipes that have to do with mushrooms?

While the week was really good and Friday was great...

This weekend has been hard. Really hard, actually. I must be getting close to my *ahem* lady-troubles time because my affair with chocolate has been all-ruling. There are M&Ms, chocolate chip cookies and chocolate bars in my house. Oh, and there's ice cream... While I know I don't need them... I've been craving it. Big time.

Le sigh.

It's okay, though. I've been eating it in moderation. Because, let's be honest, we all know that if we deny ourselves something, we're going to scarf it down when no one is looking like it's our job. I'll do it, most of the ladies i know would do it... Oh, what am I talking about? We all do it. I'd rather eat a piece here and a piece there instead of shoveling in 14 pieces later.

Though, to curb my pillaging of chocolate, I've made Fluff. If you've never had it/made it, then there's something you need to experience. Here's your recipe:

Ingredients:
2 (8oz) containers of fat-free Cool Whip
2 (8oz) containers of fat-free Yogurt*
2 (20oz) cans of crushed pineapple
2 (3.5oz) boxes of fat-free vanilla instant pudding

Directions:
Drain excess juice from pineapple and reserve.
Mix Cool Whip and Yogurt together in a large bowl.
Add in drained pineapple.
Sprinkle in instant pudding and stir together well. (I'd suggest one packet at a time.)
If your mixture is too thick, add in some of the juice you've saved and mix.

Chill and serve.

Yield: 10 cups
Serving: 1 cup

*I like to use Greek Yogurt. It adds more protein and helps the Fluff thicken up and it doesn't get too runny. I don't like runny Fluff.

Weight Watcher Points: 2

I know it's not chocolate but I'm going to try making chocolate Fluff next week and I'll certainly post the recipe and how it came out.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'm a little nervous. I know I've been good but the idea of weighing myself to find that I haven't lost anything, even though I've tried really hard, is kinda daunting. But, like I've said from the beginning... There are going to be days where I don't feel like dieting. Yesterday was one of those days. I'm hoping it doesn't effect my weigh-in tomorrow, but if it does, it does.

What have I learned this week?
Healthy food can still be really good. Dieting doesn't mean don't eat, it just means eat wisely. It doesn't mean I can't have chocolate, it means I can have chocolate just in moderation. Angie said on Wednesday that 'Moderation is moderation.' Too much of a good thing can really be *too* much.

Until next time,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment